The Forty Gallon Breeder Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
Hmmm...id say get rid of them, even though its your choice. Such a hassle!

These are becoming a nuisance. One is dead and I just changed the water this morning. No signs of nipping or bullying, no ick, just floating by the filter. I'm just gonna call quits on these guys and sell the rest off if they survive this weekend.

These are becoming a nuisance. One is dead and I just changed the water this morning. No signs of nipping or bullying, no ick, just floating by the filter. I'm just gonna call quits on these guys and sell the rest off if they survive this weekend.
I seriously do not understand why you have had issues with these guys. Mine are so easy! Lol. Well, your first ones were bullied by your angel, and then the new ones you bought out of a tank with ich, so any fish in an ich tank would have problems. They can be a bit sensitive so treating the tank is stressful. But, there are plenty of other pretty tetras out there. Just remember next time you buy to ignore the salesperson if they say ich is "normal." :)

absolutangel04 said:
I seriously do not understand why you have had issues with these guys. Mine are so easy! Lol. Well, your first ones were bullied by your angel, and then the new ones you bought out of a tank with ich, so any fish in an ich tank would have problems. They can be a bit sensitive so treating the tank is stressful. But, there are plenty of other pretty tetras out there. Just remember next time you buy to ignore the salesperson if they say ich is "normal." :)

I don't know why, I guess these fish just hate me because I now have four because one was floating this morning :confused:

I'm going to just go to the store tomorrow, exchange the rummies, give them the GBR and gouramis, and just do something else with the tank.

I don't know why, I guess these fish just hate me because I now have four because one was floating this morning :confused:

I'm going to just go to the store tomorrow, exchange the rummies, give them the GBR and gouramis, and just do something else with the tank.
Wow. I guess they are your cursed fish! Some people have gbr's drop dead, some people have dg's do it. Apparently, for you rummies are the bane of you tank. Lol.
I know it is often supposed to take awhile for them to settle in, so my best guess is that they are not adjusting to the high temps and meds, but who knows! Anyhow, like I said, there are tons of pretty tetras out there. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Wow. I guess they are your cursed fish! Some people have gbr's drop dead, some people have dg's do it. Apparently, for you rummies are the bane of you tank. Lol.
I know it is often supposed to take awhile for them to settle in, so my best guess is that they are not adjusting to the high temps and meds, but who knows! Anyhow, like I said, there are tons of pretty tetras out there. :)

I know, I can keep GBRs, DGs, but not a single rummy!

Back
Top Bottom