The quest for an oddball!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cmurphyswag

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, I'm looking for an oddball fish that would do well in a 55 gallon freshwater community tank. I have it all set up. It's inhabited with a German Blue Ram,a Blue Gourami, a banjo catfish, 3 very small Kuhli Loaches (Only about an inch, give or take) A single lonely ghost shrimp (Planning to buy more.) and my personal favorite, my Mexican orange dwarf Cray! As you can see I've got a lot to work with. It's sand substrate, it's got a 60 gallon filter on it right now but I'm going to be hooking up a second filter. Now I'm looking for something rare/exotic or oddball that could be the center piece of my tank that won't harm any of my fish. (Especially not the cray!) All help and advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I'd be more worried about what your cray will do to your other fish than what your currently absent centrepiece fish will do to them.

Agree with the African butterflyfish being awesome looking but they, along with the hatchets, swim on the surface. They are cool tho. I think my personal favorite is the rope fish. They're so cute and mine are super friendly

Have you thought about doing a a school of fish for a center piece, or are you set on one good sized fish?

Well I planned on having some sort of schooling fish. Thinking towards marbled hatchets or dainos. But I'd like to have one fish that kind of stands out, but I'm not a fan of angels.

You should get a African rainbow and some mountain loaches they r uncommon :)

Oh I didn't realize you had ghost shrimp, my bad. The rope fish might eat them. But just by confusing them with food, they aren't really aggressive IME

Ah I see. I don't think I'll risk it then. Lol the cray was kind of expensive. I was looking at spotted blue sunfish. Only grow to about 5 inches but they look really good. Does anyone know about these.

I love my Threadfin Rainbows ! The males show off all the time and the girls have iridescent blue eyes. They are Shrimp and CPO safe.

You can see mine in my profile pics. Shrimp Jungle is their tank.

Back
Top Bottom