Think my Fishless cycle is complete. Would like a 2nd/3rd opinion please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vendril

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
Have just started to get a tank up and running and got some good and dirty sponges from my lfs to help with my FISHLESS cycle. I think that my cycle is complete and would like for some of you kind folks to verify my journal test results if you have a few free mins. I have made a public google docs of my journal for viewing here. Been over testing but will steady it down after when the tank is fished out and running stable.

Everything else seems fine. The GH/KH went up by 2 points (API master Freshwater Kit) from my base water supply and the PH has been steady also. NitrAtes are starting to push to the extreme end of the chart but I am yet to do a major water change. I think i'm past step 7 K (The Almost complete Guide to Fishles Cycling :D) Just looking for the confirmation.

No big rush but some concerns to me at the present are:
1. Usually took about 40 drops of ammonia to get to 4ppm but a week in it only went to 2ppm. I had to add another 20 drops to get to the target of 4ppm. Is this normal when the bio filter is strong?

2. My CO2 drop checker is at Blue Blue Blue. I know it's only been a week and the plants still need to adjust but the crypts are going yellow and the lily has rotten away almost completely. Will adding the fish (when ready) produce enough CO2 for my plants? Also using Eco-complete substrate.

Thanks for you help and any extra advice. My imgur tank build is also here for anyone who wants to look and comment.

It looks pretty good. You can continue to monitor after you get fish and act accordingly. Seachem Excel is a liquid CO2, if you don't want injected. You may need to dose fertilizer too. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom