This will sound silly all those more experienced but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hjsvt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have LIVING creatures in my tank and my plants are growing!!!! The creatures may not be fish yet but I have one teeny tiny snail and I think what is seed shrimp, ostracoda. They are super super tiny so it's hard to judge any kind of shape but when they swim in open water they definitely look like the drunken bumble bee description! So obviously these all came from the live plants I added just over a week ago but the description on the seed shrimp says they are harmless, great for the aquarium and are a sign of clean water!!! I think I finally FINALLY figured out my water issues! On another positive note, I think my nitrite might be dropping ever so slightly or at least not increasing so significantly. But that could also be hopefully thinking! But I'm getting closer and closer everyday to owning my first tropical fish and I'm so excited!! :dance: Celebrating the small successes!http://www.aquariumadvice.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

You have every right to be excited! This hobby quickly becomes an addiction! Expensive but totally worth it!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Seed shrimp swimming = drunken bumblebee
Classic. Good luck with this!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I saw one Nematode too! And I think most of them are actually Copepods after closer inspection with a magnifying glass. And there could be others because some are smaller than others. I don't have a macro lens for my DSLR and they are so tiny I don't know how to get good pictures of them. Any suggestions? I'm not feeding anything yet so they aren't a result of overfeeding. They could be a result of decaying plant matter but I don't thing it's excessive. So not sure what is causing this bloom of creatures today. The only other thing I changed today was adding some filter pad material at the discharge of my two HOB filters to try and decrease the water agitation a little bit. I have some floating plants coming next week.

Yay! It does feel like an accomplishment after all we go through to set up our tanks. Congrats!! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom