Tiger barbs!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irishdaisy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I have a 26 gallon fluval bowfront wondering how many tiger barbs can go In it ?

I'm thinking about how to stock my tank when my friend takes all my guppy fry (to her giant tank). . Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated. (maybe only all tiger barbs) or (probably)a community tank here are some fish I like hatchets,ottos ,pristella tetra, black phantom tetra , bleeding heart tetra runny nose tetra. What combination of fish do you think would look nice in a heavily planted tank!?:) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428470769.319519.jpg

I keep in my barb family: 2 tiger, 2 albino tiger, 2 green tiger, 3 rosy. In a separate tank I have 5 rummynose which I love so much. Don't know how they would do together.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

I might go with something like this (not exactly 5 of each but here's example) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428471616.665346.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428471677.244019.jpg

That sounds good to me!!

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

I would do hatchet, rummy, oto, and bleeding heart. That my opinion.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Yes that sounds really cool ty! I still have awhile to decide. (All tiger barbs would look nice too loll ) decisions :)

Yes and there are regular, green, and albino so you'll still have a variety in the tank. And you could do kuhli loach if you're into that. They are my favorite.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Just realizing My lists are lacking in color though :/ I need a brightly colored fish in replace of one of the grey ones lol

IMO/IME a single large school looks better and acts mor natural than multiple small schools.

Fishobsessed7

IMO/IME a single large school looks better and acts mor natural than multiple small schools.

Fishobsessed7

Yes I agree thanks my lists were abit overly ambitious lol. I might stick with a big school of rummy nose tetras and a little group of between 4-6 hatchets and Ottos !

Now I have guppy fry and plecos the plecos seem to have ich. It's frustrating and I'm treating the whole tank with ich nox

Back
Top Bottom