Too warm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mskay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 150 watt heater in my 33 gallon tank. I have it set at 75 but It keeps my tank at 80-82. Is that too warm? The next setting down is 72 and it gets to 70-72. I don't get why it's so warm set at 75 but then when I lower it I feel like it's not warm enough.

No. It's set at 75. The next setting down is 72 and at 72 the tank goes down to 70. Faulty heater maybe?

It's probably a bad heater. Is it just a knob you can turn? Because then you can just turn it down a little bit, between 75 and 80

I suppose it depends on what fish you're keeping if that's a serious issue or not. It would be rather warm for goldfish, for instance.

I have tropical freshwater. 2 mollies 2 balloon mollies 5 platys and 3 guppies. 2 dwarf frogs and a pleco

I have had problems with many heaters as well. I'll have them turned all the way as low as they go (62) and they will heat continuously, heating my tanks to 90+. I have gone through 2 topfin and 1 aqueon heater this way. Now I only buy fluval and both have been great so far.
Although I agree 80-82 is not a problem for the fish species you have :)

I went through a couple of top fin heaters as well, I have always heard bad things about them. I currently have two aqueon heaters and they both work very well.

I went through a couple of top fin heaters as well, I have always heard bad things about them. I currently have two aqueon heaters and they both work very well.
+1 I have three aqueon heaters running great for 3-5 months!

Back
Top Bottom