tropical fish magazines?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know there are probably some good tropical fish magazines out there. Can anyone recommend one or two? I'm in the market for a good tropical fish magazine that is published monthly (likely not) or bimonthly.

Freshwater and Marine Aquarium Magazine.. Im not sure if its still published.. Im hunting it back down right now.. It had been around forever, Im wondering if they changed the title of the magazine? Please help me! Im dieing without my magazine here... 8O 8O 8O .. LOL

:bump:
Tortis.. or anyone that has any info.. have you heard of FAMA? have you seen it lately.. ie. know if its still published?

It seems that they were in the middle of an acquisition when I last looked for them online.. that would also explain why I couldnt find the magazine around here for some months.. about 4 if I remember right.. I am not sure if the content is as good as it used to be but it was the best I had ever seen.. forever was bit of an overstatment.. they have been published since 1978... once I get a copy or a subscription Ill let you guys know if I would still recomend it.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you are in the market for TFH, be sure you search the forums ( I am fairly sure it is in the lounge) for a post by TFHJen. They seemed to be offering a pretty good deal.

FAMA has a July issue, but they did not have a publication for a while until they were bought by Bow Tie, who publishes AFM, Aquarium Fish Magazine (another decent mag, though not as in-depth as TFH). So there's three for you.

Is Tropical Fish Hobbiest more in depth than FAMA? I finally found June and July issues of FAMA and I would like to look into TFH, I cant find it locally currently, to compare them content wise.. I read FAMA for about 5 years, It has some of the same writers, it seems that it could be a little more in depth though.. Im not learning alot with FAMA right now I was hoping that TFH would be a little more informative for me at least. Aquarium Fish Magazine was never that informative for me though it would be to someone just coming into the hobby though.. thanks in advance for thoughs that might be able to help me on this.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Definately TFH. Aquarium Fish Magazine is good too, but TFH has more articles and it has better articles.

I was wondering if someone could compare Freshwater and Marine Magazine, FAMA, and Tropical Fish Hobbiest, TFH, magazines.. I have no experience with TFH magazine. Ive read Aquarium Fish magazine.:mrgreen:

I don't know if you ever got the info you needed, greenmagi, but IMO TFH and FAMA are very close, though I think TFH is better in terms of indepth reading.

They are both much better than Aquarium Fish, which in its July issue has an article praising the betta vase. :?

LOL.. I got the june and july issues of FAMA, localy and I went to TFH web-site and it had a link to get them to send you a sample issue.. I e-mailed them hoping to get a sample issue because I dont think Ill ever see it for sale here localy.. Thanks for the help guys.. I knew that I wasnt intrested in Aquarium Fish magazine.. I had them send me a free issue once.. it was far from interesting to me.. :roll: I think that TFH is more for freshwater wile FAMA focuses on saltwater setups alot.. from what ive heared in chat.. if I like TFH will it be cheaper to get a subscription from them or from the thread in AA? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks again TG.. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom