U guys really read it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishingBuds

Aquarium Advice Activist
I started this hobby in 2018 and I finally have this 4ever tank:

20g low tech planted tank (FRESHWATER)
# 2 angel fosh
# 1 blue ramirezi
# 1 gold dojo loach
# 1 assassin snail
# 100+ regular small snails
# 5 different plants (Ludwig, lucky bamboo out of water...)
# Water always hard (high GH) since i got this specific set up (6 months), thats something I live with for now... and I don't know what else to do.

I hope this community can help me when I need and also me to help other if they need, i was a long term Beta breeder with my brother back in 2010 when we were 11 and 22, until 2014 when we moved.

Well, I'm not sure if my set up is right and hope to find out more answer here.

Thank you

Hi fishingbud.

Do you have a specific issue, or are you after feedback on your aquarium?

I presume as your tank is 6 months old and you have kept fish before that you know about the nitrogen cycle and your aquarium is cycled?

Potential issues i see

I think dojo loaches can get quite big and might outgrow your tank.

Do you know the sexes of your angelfishes? 2 males might not get along and the tank wouldn't be big enough to keep out of each others way.

I dont know their gender, i know the blue ramirezi is a female, but they never fight, since i only have this 4 fish, they dont struggle with space.
And i recently added the lucky bamboo to help with nitrates
I dont remember the last time i cycled but this tank never had any problem related to algae or fish stress, cloudy water, nothing.

I recently added a question on why my guppy died and suddenly a day after my dojo loach showed up with a red head but still active and normal

Hi fishingbud.

Do you have a specific issue, or are you after feedback on your aquarium?

I presume as your tank is 6 months old and you have kept fish before that you know about the nitrogen cycle and your aquarium is cycled?

Potential issues i see

I think dojo loaches can get quite big and might outgrow your tank.

Do you know the sexes of your angelfishes? 2 males might not get along and the tank wouldn't be big enough to keep out of each others way.

Back
Top Bottom