Ugly water. Lights or filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moncrief2315

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi. This is probably a dumb question but I noticed my tank has a greenish tint to it. I’m not sure if it’s the lights or the water. It didn’t look green in a cup. The lights are 48 inch aquaeon full spectrum 32 watt. IMG_0936.jpgHave two aquaclear 110 hob’s for filtration. Is there a better bulb to use that would make this tank look better as it’s going to be my show tank. Trying to figure this out before I start buying bulbs. Can’t return em. Thanks.

I'd run your lights for only 6 hours a day and see if it knocks out your algae bloom.

Hello Mon...

Perform a bit larger than normal water change. If you're not removing and replacing at least half the water weekly, you should gradually work up to that point. Most tank water chemistry issues can be avoided by simply taking good care of the tank water.

B

Hey b.
I do water changes every Wednesday about 35 or 40 percent. I’ll bump it up and see if it helps. I added some poly to the filter maybe that will help. The water looks like it has a bunch of particles in it IMG_0001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom