undergravel filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buffalochip

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just set up a new tank with an outside filter and an underground filter powered by an airstone. I am getting plenty of air and a lot of bubbles up the airstone but not much water movement. Can I get a power head that will existing lift tube?? Also I saw a power head advertized that came with air hose.?? How is air hose necessary on the power head?? Had a tank many years ago (35) but things have changed and I have forgotten much.

Just set up a new tank with an outside filter and an underground filter powered by an airstone. I am getting plenty of air and a lot of bubbles up the airstone but not much water movement. Can I get a power head that will existing lift tube?? Also I saw a power head advertized that came with air hose.?? How is air hose necessary on the power head?? Had a tank many years ago (35) but things have changed and I have forgotten much.

It's late but I'll kick off.

What size is your tank? HOB and canister filters have so much water flow power these days, the ugf might just be backup.

I only ever used the air-powered ugf's. All I can think of is the air stone pushing out fine bubbles, no kinks in air hose and air pump running quiet (not under stress from say pushing air through a one-way valve). From memory these filters never had great water flow.

The powerhead with the air hose may be for Venturi action?

http://hopealexander.hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Use-A-Venturi

Back
Top Bottom