Up for a "fishy" challenge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok for X-Mas, I'm asking for a tank. Most money I can put on my budget = $40
Can anyone give my an idea for a 20 gallon (I just made space in my room) and filter/heater combo for $40 or less? Greatly appreciated. A stand preferred but I don't care. If it's bought online, it must be $40 or less INCLUDING shipping. Store-bought does not include tax!

This is what I want:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3804446
But it is too expensive for my budget.
I'll take other tanks though if I get a filter, heater, and light for cheap. Also, I might ask for the tools to build one if I can't find any.

Please help!

PS: PLEASE IGNORE AND FORGIVE MY REPOST, IT WAS ACCIDENTAL.

Whew, $40 is Tight!!! Well, you can get a 20g tank for 20$ at the petco dollar per gallon sale. That leaves $20 for the heater and filter. I found a HOB for $5 at petsmart once.

Check out Craigslist, there's usually some deals there

Solution: my parents might start paying me to mow the lawn, starting in a few months (we're low on money right now)

i used to go around the neighborhood with a lawnmower and ask people if they wanted them mowed you would be surprised how many people will give you 20 dollars because they dont want to do it lol and it adds up

Yup, find more ways to earn it, pet sitting, walking/playing with the dogs pets while the families are at work. Child sitting. Cleaning floors, yard work help clean out garages, leaves weeds...;)

i used to go around the neighborhood with a lawnmower and ask people if they wanted them mowed you would be surprised how many people will give you 20 dollars because they dont want to do it lol and it adds up
Yeah, I'm a newbie at lawnmowing :(
but thanks :D

Yup, find more ways to earn it, pet sitting, walking/playing with the dogs pets while the families are at work. Child sitting. Cleaning floors, yard work help clean out garages, leaves weeds...;)
Allergic to most pets, can't babysit... but I do know most of my neighbors
so nice ideas!

Wash cars (my dad used to give me $5 every time I washed the car, bet my neighbors would have done the same), rake leaves/do yard work, do a lemonade stand. On a hot summer day with some cheap lemonade mix you'd bank I bet.

My neighborhood doesn't exactly have traffic for lemonade stands. No leaves here, not too much trees actually. But washing cars might work...

I'm sure people have yards... Do yard work. That's how I afford my fish tanks.

It's fine, Craigslist deals aren't too bad. I see a 50 gal, with pump filter and 2 free turtles for $100. Also there's $200 for a 65 gallon and magnum 350 canister filter and whisper 20i. Stands and plants too. Artificial, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom