Upgrade?- Topfin 3.5 gal Enchant or Bettaflo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mPhish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have my betta in a 2.5 gal tank- it's served me well and looks great. However, my fish has been getting thinner and looks generally not great (he's been tail biting, too). And to top it all off, the light in the hood shorted out (or something). Now it's very dark, the plants are dying, and I feel like my lil guy deserves an upgrade. Hopefully the extra space will make him feel more comfortable.

So, I was looking online at 3.5 gallon tanks. One option I found was this Top Fin tank called Enchant- it's a different shape than the one I currently have, which is interesting. I looked at it last time I went to Petsmart, and noticed another 3.5 tank I hadn't seen online.

It's also by Top Fin, but it's called 'Bettaflo' Soothe. It looks like it's circular with a filter in the center. The whole idea was that the filter was quiet and didn't push the fish around, which I like. However, I went to look at the reviews online... and it wasn't anywhere! The closest I could find was an unboxing video. I'm a little frustrated, because Petsmart should probably have the stuff they're selling in their online catalog. I'm mostly concerned if the filter is functional and all that.

TL;DR: I want a 3.5 gallon tank for my betta fish, and I might get the Top Fin Enchant one. But I also saw another Top Fin tank called Bettaflo Soothe, which strangely doesn't seem to exist on the Petsmart website or have any reviews anywhere.

My questions are: does anyone have a Top Fin Enchant or Bettaflo that could tell me about it and how well it works? With the Bettaflo, I'm more concerned about filter functionality and swimming space.

Thanks in advance!

I would look at a 5 gallon, honestly. Check out the Fluval Spec 5 gallon. My son's boy is in a five gallon hex and I'm looking at moving him into that simply because I think he'd rather have length than height.

I have the Petsmart Bettaflo 3.5 tank and really like it. It has a subtle current, that can be adjusted. My Betta seems very happy in it and the plants are growing like crazy! I feel like he has plenty of space to zip around the middle column (you cant see the white column as I covered it in black aquarium paper).
I think that this has been the best Betta set up that I have ever had.

Attachments

• betta2.jpg
    betta2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3,779
  • betta3.jpg
    betta3.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 987
hi there Mkeys, your tank looks great. I have this tank as well and didn't see how to adjust the current. Can you explain that? Thanks.

hi there Mkeys, your tank looks great. I have this tank as well and didn't see how to adjust the current. Can you explain that? Thanks.

Hi rallye. Thank you! I'm really enjoying this tank... If you are looking to adjust the current then pull out the water outlet that is in the middle column. There is a dial on the water pump. I keep mine at the second lowest setting and that seems to work fine. ?

Hi rallye. Thank you! I'm really enjoying this tank... If you are looking to adjust the current then pull out the water outlet that is in the middle column. There is a dial on the water pump. I keep mine at the second lowest setting and that seems to work fine. ?
Thanks so much for the info!

Led lights issue....

Has anyone else had a problem with the LED lights going dim? I like the tank but I'm on my second lid. And I'm currently thinking of changing tanks just because the LED lights keep going out.

Has anyone else had a problem with the LED lights going dim? I like the tank but I'm on my second lid. And I'm currently thinking of changing tanks just because the LED lights keep going out.

Hummm, I have noticed that one of my lights is dimmer than the other two. Did you have to buy a whole new tank for a new lid?

Where is dial?

Could you send me a picture of where the dial is to turn the current down? My fish is getting pushed around. Do I need to unplug the filter from the wall first?

Could you send me a picture of where the dial is to turn the current down? My fish is getting pushed around. Do I need to unplug the filter from the wall first?

Yes, turn off the filter first. When putting up the pump, it might seem like it's stuck. Pull gently until it pops up. The lowest setting is when the dial is all way to the left. Sorry about the sideways pictures. I couldn't figure out how to rotate them...hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 4,192
  • IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 1,473
  • IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 5,013
Sorry for so long responding, no, but you have to deal with the local store, the product is by Pet Smart and when I called it was just the Pet Smart customer service.
They have switched out the lid from another boxed kit.
HOWEVER this one has a dim one as well.....so i dont know what i am going to do.
Tom

Sorry for so long responding, no, but you have to deal with the local store, the product is by Pet Smart and when I called it was just the Pet Smart customer service.
They have switched out the lid from another boxed kit.
HOWEVER this one has a dim one as well.....so i dont know what i am going to do.
Tom

I kind of like that one of the lights is dim. It gives the fish a chance to get out of the brightness if he wants.

True, my only concern is i have live plants, quite a few to cause shade, and kinda worry about them. If all i had to do was replace the led i wouldn't mind, but the whole lid. I would like to know who the actual manufacturer were so i could get more details.
T

Have you been able to purchase replacement filters? I can't seem to find any!

I don't usually replace my filters. I just rinse them off with old tank water every few weeks.
If you need the contact information for the company, I still have the instructions. I'm sure they would be able to send you some filters.

OH! Good to know, I usually just replace them after a couple of months. Thanks for the tip and quick response!

I have found a few at petsmart and i have seen them online at petsmart as well.

Cleaning gravel

I don't usually replace my filters. I just rinse them off with old tank water every few weeks.
If you need the contact information for the company, I still have the instructions. I'm sure they would be able to send you some filters.

I have been vacuuming gravel when doing water changes. Do you ever disassemble the tank to thoroughly wash the gravel? I've had it for about a month now maybe.

Mkeys. Thanks for flow adjust advice.

donlona. I just replaced filters https://www.petsmart.com/fish/filte...-filtration-cartridges-37694.html?cgid=300202

I got two of these for granddaughter's bettas because of the low flow description and they seem to like. Although I changed filters the originals didn't have much gunk in them. Ammonia was high so decided to change out all water. I really didn't find much on bottom of tank under the plastic however ton of debris within the gravel. I've read that UGF is old school but it's supposed to work. My granddaughter is only here about 3 days a week so appears to be up to me to do regular gravel vacuum and partial water change 8-(

And, I bought three of these because the glass is very thin and I don't think it's tempered like a large aquarium. I had some gravel and a small amount of water in one and grabbed by top edge to tilt so I could get a hand underneath and glass broke. Now I'm very careful to only pick up by the bottom plastic...would have been nice to have a plastic rim around top as reinforcement but now I know.

My LEDs are dim on one of them too but if I keep using should be able to find one of those small strips and glue to top. It's the thin glass that may be deal breaker if I ever need to change again.

Back
Top Bottom