Upgraded Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SparKy697

Aquarium Advice Addict
I tried to get away with the stock 17 watt lamp and "grow" a couple plants in the tank. I'm sure that most of you know the rest of that story...

I moved up to a 55 watt cf lamp and have purchased a bottle of excel. I removed the dead and dying plants but kept the ones that seemed to be salvageable.

Am I on the right track with the excel? I'm only talking about a few plants like anacharis, cabomba, and what I believe to be a brazilian spike.

I'm quite certain that I will someday be drawn into the whole co2 thing but I'm trying to ease into this thing lol :lol: I would like to get this tank where I want it and maybe the do a planted tank next time around....

How can you have only tank? I have ideas for like 4 other tanks already!

Thanks LWB.

I'm not sure what you mean by melt away. Can you suggest a background plant that I can use in it's place with the light I have?

BTW, nice tanks and cool idea with the rock paint on the back. I found your thread too late to use that idea, but you can bet that I will use it on the next one.

Just about anything really, maybe a sword, along with some stem plant like R. rotundafolia, asian ambulia, hygro, red foxtails, Rotala Wallichii, L. repens, and several others. Mix in a little bit of larger leaf plants, and use more smaller stem plants, like the ones I mentioned above.

As for melting away, it kills the plant and the plant basically starts dissolving in the water. That's what I mean by melting away.

Back
Top Bottom