Upgrading tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carpets

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just bought a 240L tank and plan on setting it up on Saturday. I want to move all the fish from my 60L to the new tank.

How do I go about doing this? If I move all the water & the gravel from the old tank into the new tank (And also run the old filter as well as the new one for a few months) would this work? Or do I have to cycle again and keep the old one running at the same time... I'm at a bit of a loss as I don't think I have space for both.

My current aquarium is 2 years old, and water conditions have been grand for months. As soon as anything comes up I just go to town on the water changes and it usually seems to work. :)

The tank came with a bottle of nutrafin cycle as well... should I use this?

Any advice here would be very much appreciated, The guy at my LFS said doing this would be fine.... but we all know what their advice is like sometimes, hahaha.

I would shy away from the nutrafin cycle.(haven't heard many good things). If you move all substrate and all media to the new tank you may experience a mini-cycle but some pwc's and frequent testing for a little bit after the switch should get you through it fine. good luck

Back
Top Bottom