Upsizing stock from nano to 29 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TangoTank

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 6 Neon Tetras & 4 Peppered Corys, what else would you put in a low-tech lightly planted tank? I've got an Aqua-Tech 30-60 HOB & a 30" 17w fluorescent. I'm thinkin Kuhli Loaches... & maybe sand?? IDK. Maybe a mixture of gravel & sand like section it off, make an aqua-scape. Sound crazy??

How bout a couple more neons and corys, a gold nugget pleco (or other type that you like) and a gourami

Gold Nugget Pleco is cool lookin'! Website says they need a 50 gal minimum. Anymore suggestions anybody??

TangoTank said:
I have 6 Neon Tetras & 4 Peppered Corys, what else would you put in a low-tech lightly planted tank? I've got an Aqua-Tech 30-60 HOB & a 30" 17w fluorescent. I'm thinkin Kuhli Loaches... & maybe sand?? IDK. Maybe a mixture of gravel & sand like section it off, make an aqua-scape. Sound crazy??

I agree with getting some more Neons and Corydoras. Probably 4 or so Neons and maybe 2 or so Corydoras. I wouldn't suggest a Gold Nugget Pleco. They can get a little big for a 29g. Personally I'd get another group of different bodied Tetras like Lemons, Black Skirts, etc.

Ya my bad on the gold nugget suggestion but I would try to find some type of pleco that would work for your tank if it were me

oh fun!
I personally am going to try platys next, but I am sure they are not everyone's taste.
I love the neons so I think it would be cool to have just a bunch of those...

I have sand and like it. It may be hard to section it off though. You would probably have to be extra careful with water changes to pour on the gravel so the sand doesn't move onto it and not look the way you want....

Dwarf Gourami! Or maybe you could do some Rainbows. Boesemani rainbows are lovely but there are some other really neat types too.

platy, rummy nose tetra, xray prestella, cherry barb are all other options that would be fine with neons and corys.

Back
Top Bottom