Vacuuming Gravel with lots of Decorations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmosher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 galloon tank with a number of fake plants and other ornaments for the fish to swim around and hide in. I've seen other pictures of other AMAZINGLY decorated tanks... multiple plants, rocks, driftwood,,,, What do you do with your weekly water changes when you vacuum the bottom? Do you move these every week and rearrange things, or is it ok to simply vacuum the gravel as best you can around these things?

Thanks in advance! :)

I vacuum around everything & then every couple of months or so I like to re-arrange so then I take everything out & vacuum where they were sitting. I have 7 tanks at home & only 3 of them have all fake plants but I do the same in my planted tanks. I like to mix things up, some of my fish freak for a little while but then settle back in.

I don't move anything and vacuum all around the tank. I try to get in every corner, knowing that I can't.

One other question. I'm doing weekly 25% water changes and clearning the gravel then too. Do you vacuum the entire tank each week?

Back
Top Bottom