Very small fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaysE

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone... I'm currently setting up a planted 10 gallon tank, and am searching for ideas. I think ultimately, I'd like to put in a school of fish, like 6 or 7 of the same species, so they'd have to be quite small to fit comfortably. I just don't know what would be small enough to go in there. In my opinion, Endler's, neons, and the like would be too big, but I believe there are some smaller fish out there. Galaxy rasboras would be cool, but I don't know if anyone sells captive-bred ones and they're pretty expensive. Any ideas?

Micro rasboras are really small. This site has a list of many of the small rasboras and other nano fish. There are also links to some of the Boraras species on fishbase so you can get an idea of their size.

Nice, the tiny bumblebee gobies look perfect! Only problem is it seems I can't find anyone with experience keeping them. Even a Google search only yields fishbase-type webpages, which help... but I like to see what others have learned when keeping them in captivity, also.

So, has anyone kept schooling bumblebee gobies? Brachygobius aggregatus.

Type "bumblebee gobies" into the search box here on AA and I found a number of posts about them. Mostly about feeding but also about temperment and plenty of people sharing their experiences.

Best of luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom