violet goby white cloudy tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

war rabbit

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just recently got a 10 gallon aquarium and a violet goby. when i set the tank up it was nice and clear and now im haveing troubles with the water. it keeps turning to a white cloud thats really thick and u cant see anything! any ideas y and what can resolve it? the only other creatures in the tank with it are a plain ol gold fish and a snail. any advice would be much appreciated!

Golfish might be alittle cramped in a 10 gallon with a snail and goby,
Have you cleaned the tank and added stress zyme or something like that?
Sometimes if you add too much of those chemicals like water conditioners this can contribute.

How long was your tank cycled and over what period did you add those fishies?

Welcome to AA :) You are definately overstocked in a 10g tank. A "plain ol goldfish" depending upon what type it is (common, fancy, etc) will need a much bigger tank than 10g. Commons get HUGE and they are really messy fish. The goby, well, its brackish, and will not do good in a freshwater tank. It also needs at least a 50g tank. I think before anything else, you need a much bigger tank. Did you cycle the 10g before adding fish?

Welcome to AA :) You are definately overstocked in a 10g tank. A "plain ol goldfish" depending upon what type it is (common, fancy, etc) will need a much bigger tank than 10g. Commons get HUGE and they are really messy fish. The goby, well, its brackish, and will not do good in a freshwater tank. It also needs at least a 50g tank. I think before anything else, you need a much bigger tank. Did you cycle the 10g before adding fish?

+1

We keep these same gobys in an 80g brackish. Just because they are sold from fresh water tanks does not mean they can survive well in fresh water. While you work on cycling your tank, please read up on them. They are also known as prehistoric dragon gobys, or just dragon gobys. These are one of my favorite fish, hence my name. Please take the time to know how to care for them and keep them happy.

10g is way too small. These guys get over 24" long and are brackish water. Your water is turning cloudy because the tank is trying to cycle, a process that will more than likely kill the violet goby as they are not the most hardy species, especially in straight fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom