Want to have a Freshwater (Tropical) tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stocking list for a 30 gallon tank, is it ok?

Guppy -2 males 3 females+
Molly- dont know ratio i want
Platy- "

Angel Fish - 1 male 1 female
Rams - 1 male 2-3 female
and maybe others

good point, fry could over stock, can i breed my angels? By the way is this even easy

Stocking list for a 30 gallon tank, is it ok?

Guppy -2 males 3 females+
Molly- dont know ratio i want
Platy- "

Angel Fish - 1 male 1 female
Rams - 1 male 2-3 female
and maybe others

That ought to work. Keep the Rams to 1m 1f though. Tank's too small. Don't go nuts though. That sounds like enough fish to me. Do you really want to mix guppies mollies and platys? That's a visually noisy tank to me. I'd just pick ONE.

With livebearers try to keep it to 3f to every 1m or the males harass the females too much.

good point, fry could over stock, can i breed my angels? By the way is this even easy

If you take good enough care of the fish you should be able to breed everything. The fry won't likely survive in that community tank though. The livebearers would gradually pick off all the angel or ram fry. Angels and rams have much smaller young than livebearers do, so the young are easy for tiny fish like livebearers to eat.

But you'll get to see the breeding behavior, which is the most interesting part.
If you want to actually BREED fish and keep the babies, consider keeping a single species. If you just had a pair of angels, you could breed them and not worry about the young getting eaten.

That ought to work. Don't go nuts though. That sounds like enough fish to me. Do you really want to mix guppies mollies and platys? That's a visually noisy tank to me. I'd just pick ONE.

With livebearers try to keep it to 3f to every 1m or the males harass the females too much.

Noisy?? So my stocking list will be fine? i really want to mix those livebearers , ok

I think you need to zone in on what you really want. You keep planning something, then changing your mind. If you want to breed angels it will be a tank with only the angels in it. If you want a community tank I wouldn't get 2 angels in a 30 in case they did breed. You'd be better off with just one as a centerpiece and a pair of rams. Then you can fill in the rest with tetras or live bearers and maybe some catfish. But decide what you want then let us know, liveaquaria has a great list of fw fish and minimum tank sizes.

How about TWO species of livebearer. Otherwise you're going to have too many fish.

How's

1 angelfish

3f 1m platy

3f 1m guppy

pair of rams

bushynose pleco

not 2 angels :( what could go instead of rams :p why the pleco?

bristlenose pleco are they good for a tank like beneficial, and what instead of gouramis :p

Bristlenoses are awesome! You could do a pair of dwarf gouramis instead.

Yup pair of dwarf or honey gouramis would work.

The pleco is there mainly for entertainment. It'll eat SOME algae but not that much.

BTW dont know where you are in the UK but I suggest MAIDENHEAD AQUATICS if you can find one. Best fish stores out there.

Yup pair of dwarf or honey gouramis would work.

The pleco is there mainly for entertainment. It'll eat SOME algae but not that much.

entertainment haha? oh, any invertebrates i can keep? so whats the stocking list then youre thinking?

wow i like honey gourami! im in UK so pets at home?

entertainment haha? oh, any invertebrates i can keep? so whats the stocking list then youre thinking?

Rabbit snail, shrimp (cherry, ghost, amano). The stocking list you came up with will be ok you can go with that.

wow i like honey gourami! im in UK so pets at home?

Pets at home? Is that a store? No, Maidenhead Aquatics. They're in the UK

Rabbit snail, shrimp (cherry, ghost, amano). The stocking list you came up with will be ok you can go with that.

Pets at home? Is that a store? No, Maidenhead Aquatics. They're in the UK

yes that is a store, oh thats 48 miles away pets at home is 28 miles:(

i can have cherry shrimp with my stocking list!!

ya. People say the Angel will eat the shrimp but I've done it with a lot of shrimp and a lot of Angels and it never happened. Angel MIGHT eat the tiniest of the shrimp. So might the Bolivian Rams. The larger Amano shrimp, though less colourful, might be a better choice.

oh right ok! this sounds fun but what do i need and plant wise

unfortunately, but its 30 mins, will they be omay?

My angels ate all my cherry shrimp...they may be ok while the angels small but they will eventually get eaten IMO.

Back
Top Bottom