Wanting discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I currently have a 60g tall aquarium , it is cycled! it currently has driftwood and many plants with fine black Rock substrate I have a fluval 110 HOB filter! Right now I have a few african cichlids in there but I know I will have to rehome them if I buy discus! My pH runs kind of high almost a 8! Nitrates and nitrites 0pm! I am willing to do wcs! I have read they need clean water! I have read they are easy to care for to very hard! I just want to start off with a few to see how they do since they are so called "difficult" to keep! I have also read the eat freeze dried flakes worms! and black worms? I definitely want an adult , because juveniles are more responsibility on the feeding scale! And I do not understand how some discus can be keep with angelfish? Just because I have read you have to use row water! And I have read you only need row water if your breeding discus! I'm not interested in breeding them! Is there any other species of fish I can have with the discus? Because I am only starting with a few! I have seen discus at petco with different fish in with them! Please somebody help me I just want some answers! I really want to keep these fish!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What is your GH? Discus like soft water.

I've never kept discus, but do know that you have to be very careful in picking tankmates.

More on discus here.

Back
Top Bottom