water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bouncer36

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi i have question i have a dehumidfier that i have to use in my bedroom i use it all the time i get alot of water in and have to dump the water out
my question is can i use that water in my fish tank?

:welcome: to AA! :)

Are you asking that if you could use the dehumidifier water to add to your fish tank? Maybe, but you never know what could be in there.

What kind of fish are in the tank? How big?

Welcome to AA!
Moved to Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started. I am assuming this is a fresh water tank. Let me know if it is SW and I will move it there.

I would not recommend you use dehumidifier water in your tank. While it is probably safe water to use, there are a couple of issues I can think of:

1. Dehumidifiers often have a buildup of mildew and other nasty stuff that you don't want to dump in your tank.

2. Any airborne pollutants would be trapped in this water. If you spray air freshener, furniture polish, windex, etc, there is an off chance it could end up in the water.

3. Besides these pollutants, the water would be completely devoid of beneficial dissolved solids that are found in tap water. Over time, if this water were the only source for your tank, you would be setting up your tank for a pH crash.

Back
Top Bottom