Water Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparkie1728

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i have just set up a 60 ltr tropical tank and was advised to fill it with a 50/50 mix of R O water and conditioned tap water.
I was wondering when i get to a stage of a water change should i use a mix of the same or just conditioned tap water.
I'm only looking at keeping a nice community aquarium with a few tetras and such like.

I use just conditioned tap water for my Serpae Tetra, but I am new to this hobby with a tank I began only a month ago. I am going to follow this thread because I am curious what more experienced members say. So far, my tetra seem fine with conditioned tap water.

Unless your tap water parameters are crazy or you're trying to breed a more difficult fish, there's really no need to use the RO water. I use only conditioned tap water and my panda cories and praecox rainbows have bred in the tanks.

I too only use conditioned tap water . The only problem with my tap water is my pH is a tad high but my fish have thrived in it for years so I don't mess with it .

I keep serpae, black neon and bloodfin tetras in water with a KH of 374ppm. They are doing great.

Just watch, bloodfins and serpae are nippy and do well in groups larger than 6.

I agree, there is likely no real reason for RO mix in your case. We use Tap and Prime only and have over a hundred species thriving.

Hi thanks for all the great advice ill just use conditioned tap water from now on.

Back
Top Bottom