Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mattefect said:
Ok so I must keep old tank water from previous water changes. Ok. Wait or what happens?

No, just clean it with old tank water when you do a water change.

What about adding aquarium salt when doing water changes?is this neccessary or only something you should do when your fish are sick?

Polly91 said:
What about adding aquarium salt when doing water changes?is this neccessary or only something you should do when your fish are sick?

I only add when treating for ick

Just to the guidelines on the packaging?like 1 teaspoon per 5 liters or do u add a little extra?

Polly91 said:
Just to the guidelines on the packaging?like 1 teaspoon per 5 liters or do u add a little extra?

Do you have live plants?

As a rule for freshwater, the tank doesn't require salt. Some people use it but not sure why. Usually it's only used to treat certain diseases (like ich).

Yeh because at the moment I have that.what sort of salt is it though because I went into my lfs and they had all these different salts and the staff weren't sure on what to tell me.
Do u get like a general salt or one specific to ur species?

Polly91 said:
Yeh because at the moment I have that.what sort of salt is it though because I went into my lfs and they had all these different salts and the staff weren't sure on what to tell me.
Do u get like a general salt or one specific to ur species?

You can use API aquarium salt

Is that specific to species.because on the label of the stuff I saw it spoke about trace elements and all that sort of stuff but I just want plain aquarium salt to treat white spot.

Does that include rock salt that we put on our food?or does it have to come from an aquarium shop?

Does that include rock salt that we put on our food?or does it have to come from an aquarium shop?

they are probably the same (there may be a difference in iodine content?)....
BUT I would recommend purchasing it for the LFS to be safe

Back
Top Bottom