Water Conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocktrns

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm all out of water conditioner until this Friday I cleaned the tan Sunday,and I added too much food today so I did a small plant pot worth of water change less than half a gallon,and I still had the bottle so when I refilled the water back in i just used the water conditioner bottle and poured water in in and then emptied it back to the pot and then in to my tank I was trying to scape the rest of the conditioner from the side of the hoping it would kill the chlorine is this safe?

The clorine wont be a problem. Chlorine will leave the water within 24 hours.

I think you will be ok until friday.

Although, let this be a lesson not to run out!

You should just check on how much water conditionar you have before you change the water for next time. This is just a lesson to learn from.

I think you'd be ok. Chlorine will evaporate, but chloramine won't. I think you got enough conditioner out to neutralize it though.

If your pwc is less than 10% of the water volume, you should be fine. Chloramines are used occasionally at low doses to treat diseases, so a little bit won't kill anyone.

Back
Top Bottom