Water marks on tank walls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duydawg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
When my water evaporates, it leaves a marking from where the water level was previously at.

My question is, how often do you guys clean this? In addition, how do you go about cleaning it? Would a clean cloth work? Or is there something specific that you should use to make sure that there is no "resin" left over

I clean mine every time I do a water change. You can get a scrubber from any pet store, I have a sponge that I use for that specific task.

I do mine each time I do a water change.

A little vinegar on kitchen roll (paper towel if you are in the US) and wipe it off. Comes off easily and no problems for me with this method.

Duydawg said:
vinegar won't effect any chemicals or the water?

I won't say yes or no in case I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that the small amount used for this task is quite safe.

I put it onto the paper towel away from the tank to avoid the risk of any spillages.

I personally have had no problems doing this in my 20g.

Personally I wouldnt advise using vinegar on an up and running tank that is stocked with fish. My advice would be to pick you up any generic sponge and every time you do a water change or top off your evaporation use the sponge to scrub the water lines off. You can also go to just about any pet store and purchase an aqua magnet that will clean inside and outside your tank

Back
Top Bottom