Water ppm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stardaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can some one tell me what my tank should be with my water please ph is at 7.0 nitrite is at 0.5 ppm amm is at 0.25ppm is that good meny thanks russell

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

hi,i think that the water parameters should be 0 ppm for ammonia and nitrates and nitrites should be below 20 ppm,i don't have as much experience as some people here have,but for what i been searching in the past these are the parameters that a fish tank should be...hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Close Claudio, Ammonia needs to be 0, Nitrite needs to be 0, Nitrate needs to be below 40 ( i keep mine below 10)

They are both right SD. Any ammonia reading will harm the fish, even 0.25. May not kill them but will weaken them and leave them more susceptible to disease and infection. Same for nitrite which can be pretty deadly. A properly cycled tank will have ammonia and nitrite at Zero. Nitrate will slowly build up although planting will use up some of the nitrates. 40 is the max you should go to but 20 is a better target, it gives you a bit of leeway if for some reason your regular water change is delayed. Zero nitrate is almost unobtainable but 10 is a good target post WC.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So in short, do a 50% water change any time your ammonia / nitrite is above 0.25ppm

Also do a 50% water change at or before 40ppm of nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom