wc..adding fish..finished cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twinkey

Aquarium Advice Regular
if i do my water change now..how long till i need to add my fish...knowing i dont need to add my ammonia anymore,i use prime as my water conditioner..do i need to add anything eles beside prime

twinkey said:
if i do my water change now..how long till i need to add my fish...knowing i dont need to add my ammonia anymore,i use prime as my water conditioner..do i need to add anything eles beside prime

Firstly if you fishless cycled your tank then there will more than likely be a ton of nitrates to get reduced first. So you may find that you need to do several water changes before you can add fish. Under 40ppm to be able to stock.

I reduced my nitrates down to 20ppm set my heater to my desired temp and waited 24hours to stock my tank.

If you plan on any longer than a few days to stock your tank I would dose 1ppm of ammonia each day until you are ready for your fish. Then PWC to bring nitrates down set temp wait 24hours and stock.

Jon

my temp was turned down friday...am i good to go..if i do my wc to bring down the nitrates..then add them

As soon as your temp and nitrates are where they should be than you are ready to start adding fish. If you for some reason are not going to add them in the next day or 2 than as mentioned you should dose a bit of ammo to keep your bacteria fed until then.

As soon as your temp and nitrates are where they should be than you are ready to start adding fish. If you for some reason are not going to add them in the next day or 2 than as mentioned you should dose a bit of ammo to keep your bacteria fed until then.

think im gonna do my wc today and test tomorrow..if need be do another wc.then the fish

Back
Top Bottom