Well water. Do I need to add anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StuG

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know that when using municipal water it is necessary to add something to remove chlorine/chloramine, but presumably that's not necessary with well water?
I had been using neutral regulator by Seachem, which claims it neutralizes pH, and also removes chlorine and ammonia.I am beginning to wonder if maybe it's doing more harm than good.
Incidentally, I tested my tap water for pH, and it seems to be right around the 7 mark.
My tank is still cycling, and at the moment houses 3 platys (yes, my next tank will be a fishless cycle!!)

i used to use the same PH regulator.. ive recently switched to a NO-CHEM style (i do use Prime as a tap water conditioner) ... and all seems to be great.... PH regulates itself and is always consistent. since your tap water is around 7, i would back away from using the PH regulator.

as far as well water, ive never had any expierence since i live in NYC (try and find a well! ) but i would imagine there would be all types of dissolved minerals in there, so i could absolutely use Seachem's Prime at a bare min.. IMO

get the water tested. most wells are fine but i have heard of some wells where chloramine been injected down there.

Back
Top Bottom