What can I put in a 5 or 10 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaken

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wanted to get a 20gal, but due to financial reasons I won't be able to, so I'm thinking of getting a 5 or 10 gal.

Either way I want to put my betta in there. I'm pretty sure I can put a small colony of small fish in the 10 gal, but I'm not sure about the 5 gal.
What would you put in the 5 gal if I decide to get it?

Thanks for your advice so far.

You could put the betta in the 5 gallon and get a school or 2 of tetras or other small fish for the 10g. Or you could get two dwarf puffers for the 10g.

I like dwarf puffers. Thanks for the advice critter.

If you're going to be putting the betta in the 10G don't add Dwarf Puffers or Guppies - not a good combo at all. The neons may also be nippy.

With a betta in a 10G I'd put a three dwarf coral platies. Just watch them since some bettas don't like company LOL

What do dwarf coral platies look like? I can't seem to find a picture.

Thanks agian for the advice. :)

they are small, fat, and orange/red lol and very cute! and neons have NEVER been nippers in my experience...but I guess that was for me....

They sound cool. I'll go to a pet shop to look at them

Thank you.

In a 5 gallon, you could put a betta by himself, or you could put 4 or 5 small rasboras. Search on Boraras maculatus, Boraras brigittae, and Boraras urophthalmoides for some examples of small rasboras.

Back
Top Bottom