Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

What do i need for my fiddler crabs?

Hey, ive decided to get my self 4 fiddler crabs for a 10 gallon (1 male, 3 females) is that a good idea and enough space for them. ive got the tank, but what should i have in it? E.g fake plants? sand? rocks? ornaments or toys?

Old 06-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm not sure if that's enough space for them; I'll let someone else comment.

I do, however, want to mention that you need to make sure there's a place in the tank for them to get out of the water. Therefore, you won't want to fill it up all the way to the top with water, maybe about 1/2 or 1/3 of the way instead. You could use rocks that stick out enough for them to climb up out of the water, or you could slope your substrate in such a way to allow them to come up onto dry land.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The only advice I have to give to you about Fiddler Crabs is, they are escape artist and they make it there lifes mission to get out of your tank. Good Luck!

Tags
crab, crabs, fiddler, fiddler crabs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com