What do you think of this stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Secter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all,

I am relatively new to fish keeping. I managed to setup a 10 gallon a few months ago that has been running really well. I recently got to the point of getting a bigger tank and bought a 75 gallon because I want some cooler fish that will not fit in my 10 gallon. My 75 gallon tank is currently going through a live fish cycle (yea i know, i read about fishless cycle after the fact) process using 6 Red Wag Platties, and it is a little over halfway done. I am at the point of deciding what my end stock will be and would like to hear your opinions (good/bad I can take it).

Current 10 Gallon Stock

• 1 Silver Lyretail Molly
  • 1 Dalmation Lyretail Molly
  • 1 Marble Molly
  • 1 Blue Drawf Guorami
  • 1 Yellow Guppy

Current 75 Gallon Stock

• 6 Red Wag Platy

Future 75 Gallon Stock Proposal

• Move fish in 10 Gallon to 75 Gallon. Use 10 Gallon as quarantine tank.
  • 6 Red Wag Platy
  • 1 Common Plecostomus
  • 3 Pictus Catfish
  • 5 Roseline Sharks
  • 2 Angelfish

Instead of turning the 10 gallon into a quarantine tank, keep it as it is with the fish. I know quarantine tanks are good to have, but I've been fine without one for over a decade.

Then for the 75 gallon, get 5 boesemani or dwarf neon rainbows. I think they're both nice species.

Skip the common and get a bristlenose. An 18 inch pleco is a messy fish.

Skip the common and get a bristlenose. An 18 inch pleco is a messy fish.

+1 they are pooping machines unless you get a small one (bristlenose or clown). I also agree with the Rainbowfish:) a good group of 6-7 of them is always nice.

Caleb

~10g 7 ghost shrimp, Betta,2 ADF
~45g Rescaped! 5 White skirt tetras, 5 green Corys, 3 pandas, 1 peacock Gudgeon.
~75g NEW! dojo loach, 5 black Skirt Tetras, 5 cherry barbs, live plants

i think thats a good combo i have got 2 lyretail mollys, black ghost knife and 1 blue and gold gourami female and blue gourami male

I would skip the common like others have said. They poop a ton, producing more algae them they eat. Get a BNP instead.

In what size tank just wondering?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I would hope it's at least a 125 gallon. Black ghost knives get huge. An African brown knife fish would be awesome for your 75 gallon though. They're really cool.

I would hope it's at least a 125 gallon. Black ghost knives get huge. An African brown knife fish would be awesome for your 75 gallon though. They're really cool.

That's why I asked. I saw a BGK in a 75g and it looked cramped. And it was alone.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Skip the pictus with small fish, they'll eat/kill whatever they think they can :(

Back
Top Bottom