What do you use for your water cycle/changes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopeGR

Aquarium Advice Activist
When you do your water changes, what conditioner do you use? Or recommend?

In my cabinet I currently have Api water conditioner, Tetra water conditioner plus, Fritz complete water conditioner, Prime, and Api stress coat. After reading some stuff on the negative health effects of water conditioners with aloe vera in them, i discontinued using those. But I have never personally had issues with any of the ones I listed, they all seem to work the same

API Tap Water Conditioner. All are just de-chlorinators and all do the same thing. 16 oz is less than $7 bucks.

API Tap Water Conditioner. All are just de-chlorinators and all do the same thing. 16 oz is less than $7 bucks.
Yes. After I've been reading about the non benefits or others being more harmful, I've switched to using the API Tap Water Conditioner. I'll use up the remaining stock of what I have, most i got given to me. API cheaper tho

Yes. After I've been reading about the non benefits or others being more harmful, I've switched to using the API Tap Water Conditioner. I'll use up the remaining stock of what I have, most i got given to me. API cheaper tho
Totally agree.

Re:

I don't know why but I still find this difficult to understand!! In other words, am I fine with just API Stress Coat & Quick Start? I asked at the pet store and I was told API tap conditioner is the same as quick start. But I bought it anyway. I used maybe a quarter of it when it started producing a gas-like smell. So I haven't used it. I bought it in Sept..

Whereas, I was also told all I need is this: https://www.amazon.com/Seachem-Prim...5869&sprefix=stability+conditi,aps,163&sr=8-4

I am so confused!

I guess I'll stick to the stress coast and quick start for now since they were on sale and bought 2 bottles of each. Am I fine with that?

I have quick start and stress coat and prime in my fish room right this minute. But after I use them up, I prob won't buy more. I've recently read where the claims of prime are not totally proven, and also how bottled bacteria may or may not do anything. It def doesn't do much. I have 3 different brands of it right now, I'll use up and doubtful if I'll buy more. And lastly, I read how the aloe vera in products is hard on the fish gills and also breaks down into sugar promoting bacterial buildup in the tank. I think after I use what I have to not waste money, I'll just use api tap water conditioner

Remember the manufacturers are trying to sell stuff, so they may/ may not make claims that are true/ false/ hard to prove. Fishkeeping is an over $5 billion dollar industry, so those companies will always try to get a piece of the pie with the latest and greatest product on the market

Back
Top Bottom