What does this part do??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OneDayAtATime

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. We have recently put together our first aquarium over the past week, so we are very new to all of this. Could someone please explain to me what the adjustable white part on the intake tube of my filter is? It's a marineland penquin 150 filter if that makes a difference. Any advice on what I should set it at? Here's a pic if that helps!

Attachments

• image-1880243546.jpg
    image-1880243546.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 70
I'm pretty sure that it adjusts the power of the intake, but I haven't used that brand of hob filter in a while

That would be my guess as well. I haven't used that filter either but it seems legit. Try to adjust it and see if the water comes out faster and slower. If so, that's defenantly what it is.

That opens to alow the filter to bring in water at mid level and lower level. I leave it closed when open it tends to suck in more food when feeding

Yes, I have the 200B and leave mine closed too. I like the idea of filtering water from the bottom to the top.

Back
Top Bottom