What filter should i get???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah got it. That is a good filter - a lot of folks use those. Only thing is, it might be just a bit under powered (even the 55 gal size) for a 55 gal tank. Generally flow rates drop pretty significantly as the filters fill up with gunk and particulate. I would suggest going with something rated for a little larger tank than the tank you are putting it on.

Also, the best filters are canister filters. They cost a little more though, so it depends on your budget. Hang on the back (HOB) filters like the one you picked are the next best type. I would stay away from Under Gravel Filters (UGF) or in tank type filters.

It's always better to over filter than under filter. I've been running a AquaClear 50 on my 20 gal tank and just bought the Aquaclear 70 for my almost-40 gal tank. The 55 gal Aqueon is on sale via your Petsmart link for $41.99 but Petsmart also has the AC70 is on sale until the end of the month for $43.99. If it were me, I'd spend the $2 extra dollars and get the AC70.

yeah aquaclears are good, i have an aqueon but it just didnt work for me, i was just barely filtering my size tank and i had a dirty turtle so if i start my 10G up after the turtles gone i'll use it again probably

I like the bio wheels but also have canister. I have 3 55 gallon tanks. One I have 3 fluval 205 (?) on, I just bought it a month ago and that's what it had. I have a bio 90 and a homeade filter on another, and 2 bio 55 I think they are. In my " baby tank" ( 29 gal) I don't know the brand. My brother in law gave it to me but it's for a 55 gal. My 10 gal sick tank has a homeade on it. My next project is to set up a 150 gal rank I bought. You may pay more at first but will change filters less often. I also like to keep 2 heaters and 2 filters on my tanks in case on kicks the bucket. Everyone always comments on the clarity of my tanks, and it must work. Fish are thriving happy and reproducing :)

Back
Top Bottom