What fish can live in crush coral other the cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYCAL

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday I got rid of all my African Cichlid's due to the fish messing up my set in tank ,I have a 125 gallon with 150 pounds of ocean none live rock in tank with crush coral bottom ,Now I wanna go with different fish but to my understanding crush coral has my PH levels way high ,So whats some other fish that can live with high PH levels ????? I wanted to go with some Tiger Barbs ,Cory cats,Loaches's,Glass cat fish <-nice !! um Something colorful . .I would love to hear some suggestions . . . .:rolleyes:

Hey Bubble Boy,I once had 3 green spotted puffers with snails and the puffers pecked shells of snails and ate them :(

Hey Bubble Boy,I once had 3 green spotted puffers with snails and the puffers pecked shells of snails and ate them :(

that is completely normal.
snails and crayfish are a natural source of food for puffers in the wild.

@UH OH . .125 gallon < 7 bags of crush coral . .So PH got to be super high lol !!Is it possible I can rinse crush coral out enough to put regular fresh water fish in side tank . .

@UH OH . .125 gallon < 7 bags of crush coral . .So PH got to be super high lol !!Is it possible I can rinse crush coral out enough to put regular fresh water fish in side tank . .

if your water is too hard and pH is too high, you can just remove some crushed coral from the tank.
Have 4-5 bags instead of 7.

Coral will only buffer the pH to around 7.4-7.6, which is still within the tolerance range of a good variety of fish. Neons, hatchets, and pencilfish do require soft water, but most barbs, larger tetras, and loaches should be fine. The water will be very hard, so soft-water species aren't as likely to spawn successfully, but any of the livebearers and most cichlids should.

Back
Top Bottom