What fish should I put in a 55 or 75 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

S_Hurley

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I am going to purchase a 55 or 75 gallon tank very soon and was wondering what I should put In it. It is probably going to be an aquaskape aquarium just for some extra info. Freshwater of course.

S_Hurley said:
So I am going to purchase a 55 or 75 gallon tank very soon and was wondering what I should put In it. It is probably going to be an aquaskape aquarium just for some extra info. Freshwater of course.

What fish do YOU like, it's yours and your the one that has to look at it not me lol.

If it were me and it was a new 75 gallon tank. I'd do a all male peacock tank or maybe all tropheus tank.

Convict2161 said:
What fish do YOU like, it's yours and your the one that has to look at it not me lol.

If it were me and it was a new 75 gallon tank. I'd do a all male peacock tank or maybe all tropheus tank.

Those fish are really nice! I'm going to research the tropheous. That's the thing though I don't know many nice large fish species. All I have now are cherry and tiger barbs.

Depends on what you like! I have a 75g getting set up now and personally I like fish that'll get huge and have the whole tank centered around it that's why I'm doing a black ghost knife fish. Are you looking at doing a community tank with a lot of different fish?

abrinn23 said:
Depends on what you like! I have a 75g getting set up now and personally I like fish that'll get huge and have the whole tank centered around it that's why I'm doing a black ghost knife fish. Are you looking at doing a community tank with a lot of different fish?

I'm not really sure to tell you the truth I kind of want to get some bigger fish with multiple different species possibly or get schools for the aquascape

abrinn23 said:
Which size tank do you think your going to get?

Right now it's looking closer to the 55 but obviously I'm hoping for the 75.

S_Hurley said:
Right now it's looking closer to the 55 but obviously I'm hoping for the 75.

I would say go ahead and plan your stock for a 55, that way if you do end up getting the 75 you know you could only increase numbers or go with a species that grows larger that will work with a 75.

Back
Top Bottom