What fish to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsv456

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What type and how many fish should I get for a 5.5 gallon tank?

Thanks

With a small tank like that personally I'd just get a nice looking male betta. Throw some bamboo in to make it look all pretty and sh*t

That's what I was thinking. Butjust checking

You could also turn it into a heavily planted RCS (red cherry shrimp) tank

Jon

Just a hobby said:
With a small tank like that personally I'd just get a nice looking male betta. Throw some bamboo in to make it look all pretty and sh*t

Bamboo is known to rot in aquariums, I suggest a trio of killifish.

Samzter said:
Bamboo is known to rot in aquariums, I suggest a trio of killifish.

Agreed on the bamboo. That is unless you're going to have an open top. That way it can keep its leaves above water. That may require a little bit more effort though. RCS, Killifish, Endlers, Sparkling Gouramis are all good choices.

1. A betta (may not sound like much but they have a lot of personality and are good fish to interact with); might be able to add a small snail like a nerite depending on the bettas personality
2. Shrimp
3. One dwarf puffer
4. a school of 6 nano fish like celestial pearl danio or chili rasbora; should be able to keep some shrimp with these although baby shrimp might get eaten
5. some endler's livebearers

That sounds like a solid tank right der, but ye bamboo rots unless the leaves are above, which isn't that bad because u can buy some tall stocks of bamboo from pet stores and cut them to your tank size, if your gonna put other fish with your betta make sure it's a female, bad things will happen...

Back
Top Bottom