What is the best substrate to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

froggy8963

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I am looking at getting some golden clams and fresh water mussels, I was just wondering what is the best type of substrate to use for this?

sand. though they are fairly hard to keep. there is a reason why they are not very common in the hobby. they can die and foul up the water and you wont even know about it.

they are also filter feeders.. without waste and nitrites and other nasty goodies to eat.. your tank will be shortly lived.. that.. and when they die.. nitrate spike from ****... id seriously reconsider something else if you can..

what would be good to use instead of them i have a filter in my tank, is there any other little critters that would be good

before we could tell you what else would be good in your tank, we need to know the size of your tank and how long your tank has been setup and if you already have any other fish in there and what they are. Also what kind of setup you are going for.

Back
Top Bottom