What is this thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
After installing my filter and doing another pH test, I noticed this worm looking thing floating on the side of my tank. Is this actually a worm or what is it?

Attachments

• image-349959209.jpg
    image-349959209.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 88
Probably planaria, it's common when there's too much in eaten food, they aren't harmful but an multiply quickly, do a gravel cleaning and water change so they have less food to eat and will die off itself. They new the unbeaten food to live and reproduce!

I don't even have fish in my tank yet, I'm still in the cycling process.

I'm so confused on how this happened. I had read that you should go to ace or somewhere and buy a thing of ammonia and actually add it to help start the cycling process and I haven't even done that yet. All I've done is set the aquarium
up, put in new gravel that I rinsed off after buying in warm water, same thing with plants, and added water and dechlorinator. I was given this aquarium by a friend and the filter she gave me didn't work, and a member here suggested that I keep the old carbon cartridge and floss and keep
them in my aquarium until I got a new filter and use them instead of the new ones. Could this have come from the old carbon cartridge?

I have no idea. Would it be better if I put in the new cartridge and floss? Or should I completely skip the carbon cartridge all together? I think I remember someone on here saying they dont use the carbon cartridges and all

Do the old cartridge, it won't quicken the cycling because most of the bb could potentially be dead already anyways!:(

After installing my filter and doing another pH test, I noticed this worm looking thing floating on the side of my tank. Is this actually a worm or what is it?

I got leaches in one of my tanks once from some plants. They are hard to get rid of and looked very similar to your picture.

We're your plants real or fake? All of mine are fake.

Back
Top Bottom