What made you set up a FW tank and not a SW tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

illuminum

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm just curious. I've heard that saltwater tanks are usually more high maintenance and are more expensive to set up and maintain. I have a FW tank right now and I'm probably going to buy a larger tank for SW in the near future. So, what made you go FW?

I can tell you why !

I just switched my 180 gal. tank from salt water back to fresh water , because it was toooo much $$$$ to maintain and way to much work , if you have alot of $$ and alot of time on your hands then I say go for it . It really depends on how much you want a saltwater tank , and how much time and money you are willing to compromise .

Sw is pretty, but like majorty says... too expensive and too much time.

I love my FW tank and I will most likely never go SW.

If I had a lot of money, I would get the best SW tank ever! I love saltwater fish, but i just don't have the money....well the money for the fish i really want, which are of course super expensive lol

ashley

all I have to say is good lighting is expensive so elected for freshwater until I can get some more money.

I was going to start a reef when a friend gave me a large tank. Then I found out how much money it would cost just to set it up. Also, I didn't want to have to move all of that stuff when I (hopefully) get my own place in a year. So it's going to be a cichlid tank. :)

-j

I switch from a FW tank to a SW tank, but now switching back to a FW tank, SW tank really really require lots of patients, lots of time and effort and $$$$. Its really very difficult to maintain a SW aquarium. Still FW is the best, less stressful in maintaining it. Keke. LOL. Although SW fishes are full of colours, but once the water gets bad, the whole tank would be gone. Keeping SW fishes in a small aquarium is not recommanded.

Back
Top Bottom