What sort of fish can i get for my 130 litre tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

petkeeper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have recently bought a 130 litre tank and I was looking for suggestions on what I should put in it.

I couldnt really think of the fish I wanted I just wanted a good community tank where all the fish would get along with each other

petkeeper said:
I couldnt really think of the fish I wanted I just wanted a good community tank where all the fish would get along with each other

As stated by librarygirl, you have many options. The best answer to your question is... Visit your LFS, or browse the net, and find a few fish you are interested in keeping. Come back here with the names and many folks will be happy to help you stock your tank around that/those fish.

5 neon tetras
4 mollies
1 siamese fighting fish
3 harlequins
2 anglefish
4 corydoras

5 neon tetras
4 mollies
1 siamese fighting fish
3 harlequins
2 anglefish
4 corydoras

Neons and harlequins like groups of at least 6 each. For Corys I'd go with a group of smaller ones, like Panda, Pygmy or Dwarf and you could get a group of 6 of one of those. I wouldn't do Angels with Neons and a Betta probably wouldn't get along with the Mollys. Instead of the Angels you could do a Dwarf Gourami for a centerpiece and nix the betta. So:

4 Mollies
6 harlequins
6 Neons
6 Panda, Pygmy or Dwarf cory
1 Dwarf Gourami

librarygirl said:
Neons and harlequins like groups of at least 6 each. For Corys I'd go with a group of smaller ones, like Panda, Pygmy or Dwarf and you could get a group of 6 of one of those. I wouldn't do Angels with Neons and a Betta probably wouldn't get along with the Mollys. Instead of the Angels you could do a Dwarf Gourami for a centerpiece and nix the betta. So:

4 Mollies
6 harlequins
6 Neons
6 Panda, Pygmy or Dwarf cory
1 Dwarf Gourami

Thanks for that is there any tetras that could be recommended instead of the harlequins

Back
Top Bottom