Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2020, 08:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

What will Young Corys eat?

BRAND new to the fish hobby. After 1.5 months, my 20g tank finally cycled and I got 5 young Corydoras Melini to start. One died this morning (less than 48hours in my possession), so now I am paranoid (NH=0, NO2 = 0, NO3 =5, pH = 6.8, temp = 80).
They are super active and seem to forage and ďplayĒ all day; however, I am not sure if they are eating.
They are the only fish in there, so it isnít a competition thing. They donít seem to know what food is! I have tried a few different foods, but they seem to ignore it. I am hesitant to try more because my tankís bacteria isnít super stable yet.
Will they figure it out? Or do I need to keep trying different foods?
Thanks!
I have: micro wafers; vibra bites; flake food, blood worms, and first bites (seem too small for them).

Old 08-25-2020, 07:38 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

I keep panda corys, very similar to your bandit corys, but pandas dont get as big as bandits.

Mine periodically breed and once fry get big enough and brave enough for me to see them they always grow to adulthood. I dont do anything to assist with the the fry or small fish, so they must be doing OK with the food i put in. My aquarium gets flake, sinking pellets, occasionally a crushed up algae wafer, so they are eating that.

Corys are naturally nocturnal foragers, so they might be feeding then, but mine can be seen rooting through the substrate at all times of day, particularly just after ive put in food.
Old 08-25-2020, 03:17 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks

Thanks for your response. Perhaps I just need to be more patient and hope they will eat it if they are hungry.

Tags
cory, corys, eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com