What would you put in a 10 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaloJ

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a clean and disinfected 10 gallon tank after I use it as a hospital tank, I would like to use it for fresh water but I don't have many ideas about what to put there, I would like you to give your opinion as to what fish to keep, I'm not a guy who likes small shrimp, so those guys are out.

Do you want bright schooling fish or just a few random species? Need a little more info to go on. .

I don't think it's a good idea to keep a school of any fish in a tank of this size, not even a galaxy rasboras. So the other option is more viable.

Random fish

Bolivian Rams are pretty fish that come in several colours and don’t need to be kept in groups so maybe 2-3 of those as they only get to about 2-3”.

Bolivian Rams are pretty fish that come in several colours and don’t need to be kept in groups so maybe 2-3 of those as they only get to about 2-3”.
Nothing you've said is accurate. Please consider doing your own research before making such suggestions in the future.

I’m giving suggestions not facts and I’ve read several sites about them and not one has said they should be kept in groups of 3 or more so yeah I’m not just giving uninformed suggestions thank you.

I’m giving suggestions not facts and I’ve read several sites about them and not one has said they should be kept in groups of 3 or more so yeah I’m not just giving uninformed suggestions thank you.
Why though? There is no such thing as anything but a Bolivian ram, they are the same color as every other bolivian ram on the planet. Now... German blue rams... that's what you're most likely talking about., while they share the same 3 letter word on the title, they're completely different in keeping. German blue rams are very delicate fish, the color strains are harder to keep. Not beginner fish and def not 10 gallon tank fish..

Kilifish varieties are colorful and can breed for you and a 10G would be fine.

A group of Chili Rasbora / Boraras Brigittae, or other micro Rasbora would work. A group of 12-15 would be fine.

A male paradise fish.

Saltwater nano with macro algae a Clown Goby, some pom pom crabs or other easy to care for little creatures and Rock Flower aka Caribbean Anemone, mushrooms or little easy softy corals live sand and live rock.

Scarlet Badis / Dario Dario also wild caught may prefer live to frozen tiny foods

Rocket aka Rocket Killi tank bred will eat more foods wild may only take live foods
https://aquaticarts.com/products/clown-killifish

Thanks for your contributions guys, I was also thinking of keeping some species of Parasphromenus, but I'm in Mexico and here it is very difficult to obtain them, I have never seen them available.

Why though? There is no such thing as anything but a Bolivian ram, they are the same color as every other bolivian ram on the planet. Now... German blue rams... that's what you're most likely talking about., while they share the same 3 letter word on the title, they're completely different in keeping. German blue rams are very delicate fish, the color strains are harder to keep. Not beginner fish and def not 10 gallon tank fish..

Yes. I agree.

Back
Top Bottom