What's a great 10 gal kid setup? ADF and ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yes I do mean 10 gallon. I have a small apartment and we already have a 3 and a 29. Honestly I'd prefer 5 but yes, I know I know.

What would an interesting community? Our LFS has everything but I don't want to spend a fortune.

My kiddo is 4 in a few weeks, enjoys helping with the fish, but finds moms taste very very dull. I haven't said yes yet (continuing to research the salmonella issue and the upkeep I'll have) but so far I've talked him down from a bird, an iguana, and a guinea pig to some frogs and a few other tiny friends.

3 frogs could have what other companions in a 10? I will fishless cycle (in fact I have a filter cycling now), do frequent 50% changes, gravel vac, etc.

I have a10 with guppies, a couple balloon mollies and a couple shrimp for the kids room. I have a marineland for a20 gallon with the bio wheel for a filter. It's been running for months with no problem. The upkeep isn't bad either i alsohave a20 and a55 gallon.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have some guppies , false julli cories and neon tetras in with my 3 adf.. All are happy together

Yesterday at the store I fell in love with tanks with black substrate and some black and told tetras ... And then the frogs stood out too!

But the point is it's his tank, lol. I want him to get to choose I just need to narrow it down a little.

If you have guppy fry do you compensate by under feeding the frogs?

Guppies are great for kids since they come is a variety of different colors, so you can easily name them or tell them apart- and are very hardy :)
Some shrimp would be fun too!

I have a planted ten gallon with a betta, 2 adfs and 2 bamboo shrimp 3 neons and 3 glo lights. It's planted and my kids love it more than any other tank in the house. They all get along great and the tank has been running smoothly for quite some time.

Well, moving Bob the betta in there would probably make him happier, and I'd not have 3 tanks in a tiny living room. I like that. (And it'd free up my 3 gallon for my first try at a heavily planted nano fish tank ... Someplace other than my living room)
Maybe two frogs, mr betta, and some shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom