What's the earliest memory of a fish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HandyAndy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My dad used to have a scrubby 10 gl. Tank that he used to keep anything he found in the river and keep future bait alive. So interesting as a kid! What is your earliest memories of a tank?

When I was younger, my mom always takes me with her when she goes to the market (old fashion like a farmers market and not the typical super market that we have now) and before we leave I always get to take home a live fish with me. (happiest day of the week for me) I put them in a big cooking pot and called it my fish tank. :) after about two days, they'd tell me the fish died and we're having fish for dinner. Hmmm....

When I was younger, my mom always takes me with her when she goes to the market (old fashion like a farmers market and not the typical super market that we have now) and before we leave I always get to take home a live fish with me. (happiest day of the week for me) I put them in a big cooking pot and called it my fish tank. :) after about two days, they'd tell me the fish died and we're having fish for dinner. Hmmm....

LMAO :ROFLMAO: Dinner

just fell off my chair laughing so hard :D

when i was like 6 or 7 i had a 10 gallon with goldfish (yeah, i know) and i remeber that whenever i cleaned the tank i had to catch the goldfish with my bare hands. id put them in a bucket and then clean their tank all by myself. they were my responsibility and i tended to them. needless to say I'm very good with water changes now as an adult haha

9 years old. Had a gold fish in a bowl, lasted like 2 years not kidding. Someone once said it was a pond fish? Not really sure what that means.

It was won at a fair and put in what I now know to be probably a 6-7 gallon bowl with a few rocks

I hate to even think of this knowing what I know now, but I had a 10 gal when I was younger. My cousin had saltwater tanks and he thought it would be fun for my sister and I to setup our own freshwater tank as we always enjoyed seeing his fish when we went to his house. He didn't know much about freshwater fish though. We had (from what I can remember) a couple of kissing gourami (yeah I know), some sort of catfish that may have been an SAE (groan) and others I can't remember. We'd often wake up to a dead fish missing an eye. :( We never properly cycled the tank either. :facepalm: We also had a goldfish in a bowl for a while. Oh the horror......

At one point my mom had a betta in a big vase that had a peace lilly or something in it with the long roots. It actually survived for a while, but like others have said knowing what I know now I shudder at the thought.

My mom said they used to have a big tank, not sure how big. They had pink gravel and a scuba man with a treasure chest bubbler. She said they had a bunch of small colorful fish and that each othe kids(5) had their own solo fish. My mom said it was a dwarf gourami because at the lfs she pointe it out an said that was mine. It would have been great to see that tank!

One of my first tanks ever, I had a Chinese Dragon. The weirder the better! I worked right across the street and would run home every chance I could to see where he was. Under the tank. Behind the couch. On the TV stand. Sitting on the couch watching TV. Good times!

First memory

When I was seven I kept some fish on the front porch with some crawdads that I had caught and eventualy brought it inside and upgraded it into my new 55 this year!:) just had to give away my first goldfish that was my first fish ever:(... At least he is going to a pond!:)

Me, my brother & my Dad would go to the lake. 5+ yrs. old. Anything me & bro found ended up in the ice chest with a little lake water. Soon to b found a week later dead and stinking. Bet Dads beer was good when he used that cooler.

9 years old. Had a gold fish in a bowl, lasted like 2 years not kidding. Someone once said it was a pond fish? Not really sure what that means.

It was won at a fair and put in what I now know to be probably a 6-7 gallon bowl with a few rocks

Same here. But I had mine in a 6-7 gallon bowl. We would 'clean' the bowl once a week and put the fish in a drinking glass till we were done cleaning the bowl. It lived around 8-9 years and was huge.

My first betta bowl when I was 7...I broke it on the kitchen floor and got glass lodged in my head. We came back from the hospital 3 or 6 hours later and the betta was still alive in a puddle of water and broken glass on the kitchen floor. I guess he had decided this was all to much because the next day he jumped out of his new bowl into the sink disposal and fish-icided

I remember going to a pet shop in my neighborhood that sold everything from fish and turtles, to puppies and monkeys. We used to ride our bikes down there to just look at the poor animals. Their tanks seemed dirty and the place was stinky. I was always fascinated by the large pacu in the tiny tank.

Back
Top Bottom