what's your favorite cory cat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blu3Shyft

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm looking at getting a small herd of Cory cats, but I'm not sure which variety to get. What do you have and/or what is your favorite?

what size tank? i like corydoras panda, corydoras trilineatus, corydoras aeneus, corydoras aldolfoi, corydoras pygmaeus, corydoras sterbai. though i do love them all ;)

+1 for corydoras adolfoi, panda and trilineatus. Though all of the above are awesome as well. :)

perhaps i'm biased - Corydoras arcuatus, the skunks are awesome! :)
thats what i have. got the tank with one, added 2 more couple days ago, and now he is so happy with the new friends.

perhaps i'm biased - Corydoras arcuatus, the skunks are awesome! :)
thats what i have. got the tank with one, added 2 more couple days ago, and now he is so happy with the new friends.

skunk cories are very cool too :) i love them all. their personalities are amazing and i love watching my aeneus and trilineatus shoaling and sifting sand through their gills. pygmaues don't do that, but they are definitely interesting, as are all corydoras ;) one of my favorite fish by far. i start laughing when my cories bury their whole face in the sand ;)

i hope this is not to much of topic to ask, do corys of different kinds socialize with each other as they do amongst same kind? or is mixing OK?

i hope this is not to much of topic to ask, do corys of different kinds socialize with each other as they do amongst same kind? or is mixing OK?

it depends on the corydoras species. I've learned if they are similar in size/behavior, they will typically shoal together. some have their own personalities though, and will be loners even in a group of their own kind.

I quite agree, it really depends on the individuals. I have 3 pandas and 2 juliis and they'll stick together most of the time. Even my smallest female diamond tetra shoals on the bottom with them, sifts sand and acts like a cory. It's contagious behaviour I guess :p

Pandas are really awesome but unfortunately sensitive. Sterbia are gorgeous too. All corys rock period.

I have albino, jullii, panda, and peppered corys. But I think the best looking one I have found yet are the Orange laser corys. Found some at fish store but they wanted $30 each and they were pretty much full grown. Made me a little upset as that was the only reason I took the hour drive so I ended up with some pandas and a couple german blue rams

I don't think there is such a thing as an ugly Cory. Cutest guys in the tank with lovable personalities. My favorite colors are Panda and False Julies. When they are really happy the Julies spawn almost like guppies. Amorous little guys! LOL OS.

I love the juli an the sterbia I own juli and peppered cuz I can't find any sterbia near me and can't afford price of ones you order I hope my cory have babies my juli look like they may be male and female I have 2 juli 3 peppered

i love the julli's. i have a pair that are very social with the other fish in my tank and have just lovely bold stripes.

I have 3 Julius Corydoras, and 1 emerald green Corydora. I really like my juli the best, they are so cute and I love their personalities and how they lazily hang out on my decor.

I have Julii and Bronze, and the Julii are definitely prettier, but I love my Bronze Corys. They are the most playful and fun to watch fish that I have!

I just got 4 cory cats throughout the week and I had no idea they could be mixed up (1-leopard, 2-pandas, 1-Arched or skunk). All four love one another like no other. lol

Back
Top Bottom