When doing PWC...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supradupafast

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wanted to make sure I am doing this right.
When I do PWC (approx 35%) weekly, on my 10gal tank, I treat the entire 10gal, and not just the 3.5gal that I am replacing. ?? right??

A1... I'm starting to get the hang of this Aquarium stuff...

All since the wife decided to get Bettas in fancy cute lil' bowls that hang on the wall.. Then, she tells me I have to clean them... I felt bad, so got a 10 gal starter kit with a separator...
6 months later, I am now cycling a 60 gal? What's next, a 125 ? **** $4.99 Bettas... What have you started...

if you are filling it up with a hose or something then yes. if you are filling up with a bucket you can just treat the bucket of water how ever many gallons is in the bucket.

It only gets worse from there :) I started with a 55 and had no clue what i was doing... within 2 months, i had 3 55's, 2 30's, and a 10.... now im down to a 150, 55, and two 10's... You'll always want a bigger tank. I am drooling over a 250g that i found the other day, its just so hard not to buy it!!!

MTS is addictive.

Last year for my b-day I got a 29g. This year an 80g. In between b-days there was a 55g, a 20gL, 10g, 14hex, 40g breeder, 5.5g, 1g and a 5.5g QT. Now we're talking about a shrimp tank.

*Slaps the veins in the crook of my arm* Keep it comin'
Bettas, the gateway drug

I was thinking about tarping the walls and floor of my basement, and convert it to a large basement aquarium.. J/K :)

I am hoping this non-sense will stop once I get the 60 gal cycled.. but then again, there was a nice 150 at big al's :)

There's a guy on another site, one for huge fish, that turned his basement into a tank. If I need to backhoe out room for a tank, that's my que to stop. *lol*

Back
Top Bottom