when would I expect..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dbouchard

Aquarium Advice Regular
when would I expect to see Nitrites?

the ammonia is definatly peeking...im having to do 2 water changes a day to keep my ammonia at 0.25, it was going up to 1ppm in between them but now the past 2 days its barely going to 0.5

im not seeing nitrites yet tho, this is a fish in cycle...

I thought I was seeing nitrates at a tace level but realised thats my source water showing trace nitrates

the tank was started on feb 18th so im into week three with my fish in cycle

Dee

Have some patience! Your ammonia will spike before you start to see nitrites. Your cycle is right on track for 3 weeks into a fish-in cycle. Just continue to test daily & do water changes as needed. :)

just today I am finally seeing nitrites so I was totally being impatient before lol, not alot but enough to put my mind at ease that things are moving along.

is there a such thing as changing too much of the water....yesturday I decided to wait on my morning water change because the ammonia wasnt high, only 0.25

did a 50% water change in the evening then in the morning when as per my normal routine, I found 0.25 ammonia, and 0.25 nitrites

anyhow seemed to me like promising results this morning

I did one water change today even tho both results werent really high, just to be sure the fish were happy, and Ill test in awhile here to see if i need to do another

Dee

Back
Top Bottom