where am i?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmsyah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I started a 10g tank. 6 weeks ago, I have a male betta and a female opaline gourami, my test readings are ph- 8.0, ammonia- 0 ppm, nitrite- 0 ppm, nitrite- 10 ppm.

Is my tank cycled?

Can I add anymore fish? Or inverts?

Do I need to bring my ph down?

Also idk about the gourmi. Some might say its ok but I think its a 20 gallon minimum. And the gourmi and betta might not do well together.

Also idk about the gourmi. Some might say its ok but I think its a 20 gallon minimum. And the gourmi and betta might not do well together.
ive heard this as well. also about the cycle keep testing for a couple more days and if your ammonia and nitrite stay at 0 it looks like your cycled (y)

seekinghealth said:

Yeah they're not doin so good, my gourami keeps chasing the betta around :/ I have another 10g tank but its not cycled

What you could do is upgrade ;) that always fun. It means more and happier fish. If you do upgrade you should get at least a 20G for you gourmi.

Bettas and gouramis are in the same family so are paradise fish so they are not good to mix they will fight

hiltymj said:
Bettas and gouramis are in the same family so are paradise fish so they are not good to mix they will fight

Yeah, thanks a lot :)

Unless your tank is big enough, but in your case, its not. I think you should set up the other ten and get it cycled and put the gourmi in it. Then once you get more money get a 20G or bigger. That's what I would do. Best of luck to you though!

Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do :) thanks a lot!

Also, if I move the opaline gourami, what other livestock can put in the 10g tank, with the betta? Any suggestions?

And with the opaline gourami?

With the betta you could put in some neon tetras or shrimp and there's some nano fish that MIGHT last with it. And for the gourmi it depends on the tank. If its just the 10G then I would suggest leaving it alone so it has more room.

Back
Top Bottom