Whew 100 Gallon Aquarium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plumwd

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just purchased a 100 gallon aquarium and stand from Craigslist for $220. I think it was a pretty great deal! I left the lights and filter because they were nasty.

What's a good place to find hoods and lighting? The guy told me he cleaned it, but I'm about to give it a good scrub with some vinegar and water to ensure that nothing nasty transferred over.

I feel like I won the lottery. The tank is in really great shape. Going to paint the stand too. It needs a good cleaning.

Thank you for the link! LED is what I want too :)

Tank is currently soaking with vinegar and I'm about to strip and stain the stand. I'll post some before and after photos.

I know! I'm amazed my husband said yes. Just last week he accused me of being a tank hoarder because I bought a little 5 gallon for my Betta.

Yesterday I said I wished I had gotten a bigger one and he told me to go ahead and asked to look at samples of fish I can put in there. He's excited now too.

Update! I have stripped the stand and stained it. Waiting for it to dry so I can put several polyurethane coats on it.

I also calculated the volume of the tank based on its measurements and it is 80 gallons not 100. I don't think the guy ever realized it wasn't 100. Either way I'm super happy.

Here are the stand photos. https://plus.google.com/photos/105972045046165978498/albums/5993766024154023281

I have also purchased new knobs and hinges for it.

Back
Top Bottom